Kerusso (Greek- κηρύσσω)-kērússō

Kerusso (Greek)- verb

1)To cry or proclaim as a herald

2)Proclamation

3)Announcement

4)To preach the Gospel



See Luke 4:18-19, Romans 10:10-17







Friday, June 29, 2012

newreleasetuesday.com

So as a broke college-bound student, anytime I hear the word 'free', my ears instantly perk up.

Also, I'm kinda a music junkie.

So when I heard 'free' and 'music' in close proximity on the internets, I was excited. I had heard from one of those little side bar Google ads about NRT (newreleasetuesday.com) and how I could get free music every tuesday. So I went in and signed up, just expecting it to be something I could do weekly and not worry about it.

But once I got involved in the site, I realized there was SO MUCH MORE than just free music. There are TONNES of other stuff on there - artist interviews, concert details for ALL OVER THE COUNTRY (not that that would really help me - I don't care if there's a concert in CA while I'm in IL. But the thought is nice :) ), book reviews, devotionals, so on and so forth. There's a bunch of stuff just outside the cheap-o music scene :) Really surprised me, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Another cool thing about this site is the community. I didn't expect this to have a community outside of the 'This is a good song' and 'MOAR MUSIC!' stuff. But there are prayer forums, where we can come on and pray for each other. That's so cool; we may not know each other in real life, but we're still connected by our faith in God. There's also just-for-fun forums, where we can just chat and have fun :) Love that!

Even the bigshot NRTeam administrators get in and chat- they actually listen to what the people have to say and are really cool about everything. They're so cool! :D

And the crowning jewel: the point store! ERMERGERSH. I love free stuff. I don't think you understand how much I LURVE it. So when I looked at their point system (you can earn points for posting reviews, song lyrics, artist/author info, referring people, etc.) and saw the stuff you can earn for it, I had a legit fangirl-y minute. This isn't just chuck-e-cheese stuff you get for the points; no, you can get shirts, cds, books, and other stuff (I pretty much stopped looking after those three things!) just by interacting on the site. The only improvements I would make would be to have a better layout for the point store; it was cool and all, but kind of weird for me personally. Also to have a sizing chart for the clothes (They have sizes posted, but different brands have different measurements for clothes - while I may be a Medium in one brand, I'd be a large in another. Confusion ensues.)

But I'm SO not complaining. I'm so glad to have found this site, and it's my new best friend. (Because I'm a forever-alone type of person)

(loljk:P)

(kinda)

Anyway, whoever has happened to stumble upon it, check it out here: http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/nrteam_register_invite.php?uname=livekerusso

No. Seriously. Visit http://www.newreleasetuesday.com NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment