Kerusso (Greek- κηρύσσω)-kērússō

Kerusso (Greek)- verb

1)To cry or proclaim as a herald

2)Proclamation

3)Announcement

4)To preach the Gospel



See Luke 4:18-19, Romans 10:10-17







Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fasting by Scot McKnight

Hello there! I just got another new book from booksneeze- “Fasting” by Scot McKnight. Before we get started, I’m going to tell you that, due to some long law thing, I’m under no legal obligation to give this a positive review, so whatever I say is my true, unbiased opinion. Okay, now that that’s settled, let get on with this. This new book, “Fasting” is quite obviously on fasting. Fasting nowadays is a rather obscure, vague thing that only really really super spiritual people do, if anyone does that at all. This book explains exactly what fasting is, why it is important in a Christian’s walk with Jesus, and gives some history on fasting- when it was most common, who did it, that sort of thing. Now, just to be clear, usually I order fiction books from Booksneeze, but this one caught my attention because some people in my family have fasted before, and they have said it was a wonderful experience. So I ordered this, thinking to learn more about it. Fasting is something that you don’t decide to do, you have to be called by God to do it- otherwise you won’t be very successfulJ This book can be a bit dry at times, but it is a very educational read, and I liked it because it shared some good history along with ways to apply the rules of fasting to today’s life style. I enjoyed itJ

No comments:

Post a Comment