Kerusso (Greek- κηρύσσω)-kērússō

Kerusso (Greek)- verb

1)To cry or proclaim as a herald

2)Proclamation

3)Announcement

4)To preach the Gospel



See Luke 4:18-19, Romans 10:10-17







Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Seek Me with All Your Heart

Hello there, again! I’ve just gotten another book booksneeze- “Seek Me with All Your Heart” by Beth Wiseman. But before I get started, let me let you know that, once again, due to some long law thing, I’m under no legal obligation to say this is a good book, so whatever I say really is how I feel about it. Okay? Okay, good. Now, “Seek Me with All Your Heart” is a book about a small group of Amish families that move to Colorado for different reasons- some for the cheap land, others to rid themselves of unkind church leaders. This story focuses on a young Emily Detweiler, whose family moved due to an unsettling tragedy, and a Mr. David Stoltzfus, whose family came… well, he doesn’t quite know why they came to Colorado. These two people meet and neither one understands the feelings that arise out of this. This really is quite a normal Amish novel, following in the ways of Wanda Brunstetter and the like. Usually I find Amish novels almost syrupy sweet, but this was a very good read. I honestly quite enjoyed it- it was a very “honest” novel- it didn’t string me along with endless twists and turns. It was a nice read and I quite enjoyed it- despite the rather predictable endingJ This is a good read for the romantic at heart. Plus it has a rather delicious chocolate pie recipe included! That makes this whole deal a win-win situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment